This stretch gently stretches your lower back, hips, thigh, knees and ankles. It relaxes your spine, shoulders and neck and calms the mind thus helping relieve stress and tension. If you have knee or ankle problems, lower yourself into this yoga pose (Child’s Pose) with extra care.
- Kneel on the floor.
- touch your big toes together and sit on your heels, then separate your knees about as wide as your hips.
- Exhale and lay your torso down between your thighs.
- In the fully stretched position, rest your arms in a relaxed position along the floor.
- Rest your stomach comfortably on top of your thighs.
- Rest your forehead on the floor/mat.
- You should feel a mild stretch in your shoulders and buttocks and down the length of your spine and arms.
- Stay anywhere from 30 seconds to a few minutes.